Finding An Unexplored Topic For A Research Paper In Geology: 10 Ideas
Geology involves the study of rocks, as well as a variety of other topics. Therefore, when discussing the subject as part of a research paper, you may wish to consider whether or not you will be able to carry out any practical experiments for research in order to discuss a particular topic in further detail. Alternatively, you may wish to look for information and facts that have been published by other people.
Ultimately, when it comes to thinking of a good topic to write about, you need to consider how you are going to approach the work, and what you will need to do in order to write a high quality piece.
To give you some ideas of interesting subjects that you may wish to discuss, the following outlines 10 possible ideas. Of course, you can make adaptations to the following ideas in order to make them more unique and suitable for your own requirements.
- Discuss the rock cycle and how different conditions can result in the formation of different rock types
- Discuss the history of the earth and outline how accurate we can be when it comes to pinpointing certain important historical dates and timelines relating to the formation of geological features
- Discuss the way in which geologists use various geographical areas to distinguish between important milestones in the history of the earth
- In what way can faults in the Earth’s crust help to shape the landscape of the surrounding area?
- Discuss the history of geological mapping, and outline how modern technological equipment and techniques can give us a better understanding of faults within the Earth’s crust, as well as various other major rock units
- What can geologists learn by examining rock particles on a microscopic level?
- Discuss the way in which scientists and engineers can utilize methods and techniques that have been learned and developed when studying geology on the planet Earth, in order to learn more about the moon, Mars and other planets that we might visit
- What processes are used by petroleum geologists in order to extract a variety of hydrocarbons?
- What role do geologists play in the design and construction of major buildings in areas that are prone to natural disasters?
- What difficulties do geologists face when trying to predict the occurrence of earthquakes and other natural disasters?