Top 33 Research Paper Topics Dealing With Psychology
Choosing the topic of your research paper is the most important task before getting down to work. The effectiveness and significance of the future project very often depends on its theme. This article will help you find an interesting and successful topic for a research paper in the field of psychology. The topics are grouped according to four categories: history of psychology, its branches, objects of research, and interdisciplinary relations with other subjects.
History of psychology
- Psychology in ancient times.
- Ancient philosophers on the key notions of psychology.
- The first psychological research in Europe
- The key problems of experimental psychology.
- Psychology as a science during the 1800s and 1900s.
- The key figures of psychology in the 20th century.
- Psychologist as a profession in a globalized world.
Branches of psychology
- Main psychological theories of the 20th century.
- Biological psychology: the key ideas and main representatives.
- Methods and studies of behavioral psychology.
- Cognitive psychology as the main theoretical branch of the second half of the 20th century.
- Social psychology as the study of social behavior.
- Sigmund Freund as the father of psychoanalysis.
- Psychoanalysis of works of art: the new approach to art interpretation.
- Humanistic and existential psychology.
- Modern psychological studies: cross-cultural and evolutionary theories.
Objects of psychological studies
- Personality as the key object of psychology.
- Main aspects of developmental psychology.
- Erik Erikson and his stages of human development.
- Peculiarity of young adult psychology.
- Perception and sensation.
- Human memory as an object of psychological research.
- Language and communication skills: psychological perspective.
- Thinking and cognition as the key mental processes.
- Psychological disorders: reasons, consequences.
- Giftedness: disorder or abnormality?
- Attention and concentration development.
- Health psychology and its functions.
- Psychotherapy in the modern world.
- Psychology and psychiatry: similarities and differences.
- Psycholinguistics as a study of the psychology of language.
- Physiological aspects of psychology
- Psychology and pedagogy: common goals.
Psychology, as a science, is developing constantly and very rapidly. It encompasses various fields and branches of study, and is studied across the world from different perspectives. This article is a brief attempt to collect and summarize the most vivid and topical ideas for future research projects. The above listed topics can help you start digging and researching in a particular direction, to finally come up with a new and interesting research paper.