A List Of The Most Interesting Research Paper Titles On Hamlet
The title of a research paper is the first chance to catch a reader’s attention. A great title will set the right tone or mood for the rest of the work. In writing a research paper for Hamlet you might want to consider any one of the following titles:
- Revenge and inaction: The ways in which Hamlet has challenged classic views of each theme throughout history.
- The formation of the modern political state: How Hamlet’s political struggles represent the societal problems of Elizabethan England.
- A look at oneself in the mirror: How does Hamlet’s inaction a reflection of how he feels about himself as the ruler of his people.
- Envisioning the future and acting on self-denial: The roles in which prophecy helped to influence the action in the drama.
- An analysis of Hamlet’s relationship to Ophelia and how her death impacted the way in which he dealt with other characters in the play.
- Discovering Shakespeare’s unsound mind in Hamlet: Discussing the ways in which Shakespeare painted a portrait of himself in the play.
- Contradictory themes and the discovery of the audience as a character: The ways in which Shakespeare invited audience participation in drama.
- History of the challenges faced by actors in Elizabethan theatre – the ways in which societal pressures impacted how they performed popular works.
- A discussion of the roles of women in Shakespeare’s Hamlet and the ways in which they influence the action that occurs in the play.
- A character comparison of Hamlet’s biggest foils – Understanding Horatio, Claudius, Fortinbras and Laertes. The ways in which each one impacted the way Hamlet carried out his plot of revenge.
- Tactician and politician: How do Hamlet’s actions reflect the ways in which Shakespeare thought about contemporary politics in Elizabethan England?
- Rethinking Gertrude – A critical analysis of the relationship between Gertrude and Hamlet and the ways in which she helps determine his quest for revenge.
- A critical comparison of Hamlet and Horatio – the major differences between the two and how it affects how other characters view them in the play.
- A portrayal of Hamlet through the centuries. How different eras have given audiences a different shade of Hamlet’s identity.
- An analysis of the references Shakespeare made in Hamlet regarding the Elizabethan theatre – The reasons why contemporary theater was so important to society.